BayesiaLab 8.0: New Features & Updates (12/2018)
Here is a small selection of new or updated features released in BayesiaLab 8.0:
- The Start-Up Page gives you quick access to BayesiaLab's main functions and recent networks.
- You can choose the Appearance of each node from five predefined graphical elements: Disc, Badge, Monitor, Gauge, and Bar.
- When copying nodes, arcs, and notes, you can also Paste the Format of these objects.
- The Data Import Wizard suggests the number of bins for the discretization of your continuous variables according to the number of observations in your data set.
- R2-GenOpt*, an extended version of R2-GenOpt, utilizes a specific MDL score for choosing a suitable number of bins.
- Parameter Updating takes into account the observations set in the monitors for updating the quantitative part of the Bayesian network.
- In addition to the Multi-Quadrant Analysis, you can analyze segmented datasets with the Impact on Target and Profile tools.
- You can use Search to find and run Actions.
- You can directly associate Long Names with nodes without having to use the Node Comment field.
- The brand-new WebSimulator Editor allows you to define and test all settings of your simulator within BayesiaLab before publishing it.
- Users of BayesiaLab Floating Token Licenses can define an Inactivity Timeout for Automatic Disconnect with the Bayesia License Server.
Additionally, a completely new set of icons gives BayesiaLab 8.0 a fresh and sharp look across all devices, screen sizes, and resolutions.