This tool can be acceded from the results of three different kinds of analysis :
The purpose of this tool is comparing a "reference" network with another one or a group of other ones (or their equivalence class). It creates a colored graphical structure (that is not a Bayesian network) representing all differences between networks.
The patterns matched are arcs, edges and V-Structures.
The window toolbar contains eleven buttons : 4 for the navigation, 6 for modifying display and one to save networks.
- Navigation bar
- displays synthesis structure
- displays reference structure
- displays the previous structure (with regards to current displayed)
- displays the next structure (with regards to current displayed)
Navigating through the structures is realized in this order :
- Synthesis structure
- Reference structure
- 1st comparison structure
- 2nd comparison structure e. ...
- Display bar
- Zoom in
- Zoom out
- Display structure with default zoom
- Adjust zoom to window size
- Rotating structure on the left
- Rotating structure on the right
- Save bar
- Savethe current displayed network. This option is only available for comparison structures. It is disabled for Synthesis and Reference structures.
This button positions the graph in the window.
Popup menu allows displaying nodes comments and copying structure.
This structure summarizes all differences between reference Bayesian network and comparison structures.
- black : Arc or edge that exist in the reference and in at least one comparison network
- blue : Arc or edge that do not exist in the reference network but that exist in at least one comparison network
- red : Arc or edge that exist in the reference network but that do not appear in any comparison network.
An arc is displayed with an arrow, an edge is a simple line and the V-Structure is displayed as a portion of circle.
Arcs, edges and V-Structures thickness depends on the frequency of the concerned object: the thicker, the higher its frequency.
Hints appear when the mouse is moved over an arc, an edge or a V_Structure, the hint contains the name of the object, if it has been added, removed of if it is constant with regards to reference structure. It also contains the :
The synthesis structure can be printed or saved in a spare image file by clicking the buttons.
The reference structure is the initial Bayesian network (or its equivalence class) that is used for the comparison basis. The V-Structures of the reference are also displayed.
Each network obtained from the cross validation is displayed and numerated from zero, the V_Structures of the network or its equivalence class are also displayed.
Since a comparison structure can represent several identical networks, the total number of networks included in this manner is indicated in the picture caption. The frequency equals the number of networks represented by the comparison structure divided by the total number of networks produced through the cross validation.